Teaching: Want PIE?
Do you have a question about teaching that you’d like to ask your colleagues?
Have you tried something new in your classes recently? Or are you thinking about experimenting?
Would you like a chance to talk about teaching? No preparation needed to come have P.I.E.
The first meeting of Fall 2018 will be Thursday, August 30 during Common Hour in the Baxter-Davidson Room
What is P.I.E.?
- PIE is the Professional Idea Exchange, an informal, grassroots happening that grew out of our hunger for a chance to talk to each other about teaching (and any other professional matters)—without taking on more responsibilities.
- We invite everyone to come when you can and stay as long as you like, feel free to come “late” or leave “e” Ask a question, share an idea, or just drop in and listen.
- We’ve previously discussed ideas to facilitate discussion, grade writing assignments, get mid-semester feedback, evaluate student participation, and more!
- Colleagues had an open dialogue, asked questions, and discussed how we can consolidate all the great ideas that were shared.
The only restriction on P.I.E.: No prepping.
P.I.E. is an informal, spontaneous, free exchange of ideas.
Fall 2018 P.I.E. Schedule
All meetings during Common Hour in the Baxter-Davidson Room
Thursday, August 30th
Thursday September, 13th
Thursday, September 27th
Thursday, October 11th
Thursday, October 25th
Thursday, November 15th
Thursday, November 29th
* Questions or comments about P.I.E? Get in touch with this semester’s organizers: Bryan Thurtle-Schmidt (email@example.com), Debbie Thurtle-Schmidt (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Susan Roberts (email@example.com).